Monday, September 28, 2015

I hope he comes running.

I watched her heart.

I watched it as it began to beat slower,

 I watched it as the color began to change from cherry blossoms to black and blue bruises.

I watched her eyes.

I watched them as they became less like the summer sky.
And more like the faded pavement in the winter. 

I watched her wear his t shirts to bed,
Trying to hold on to every last part of him.
Trying to breathe in his smell.
Trying to feel him. 

I watched her smile slowly shatter,

I watched her small body crack like glass,

I watched her heart break like mine did.

I watched her miss him,
I watched her want him,
Crave him.

But he was gone. 

 I remember the first time you left me.
It was around thanksgiving.
 I remember my mom asking me what I was thankful for,
 And I remember thinking nothing.

I remember feeling nothing,
And everything all at once.

I remember the day my smile cracked.
The day my body shattered.

I remember the day my heart turned into black and blue bruises. 

All because of you.

But I still miss you every single day.

And I still want you every single day. 

And I still crave you every night at around 9 pm.

But you're gone.

And so is he.

I hope that he comes back for her.

I hope he comes running.

Because watching her suffer,
Watching her bleed,
Watching her melt 
Reminds me of how I felt.

Nothing.

And everything
                all at once.






6 comments:

  1. THIS IS AMAZING
    "I watched them as they became less like the summer sky.
    And more like the faded pavement in the winter. "

    I love how this is a perspective of watching someone else go through heartbreak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im happy to know you Kailee.

    This is really beautiful.

    You are really beautiful.

    This line is everything to me: And I still crave you every night at around 9 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt this. Every line. Its amazing.

    You're writing is amazing.

    Kailee, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the most relatable thing I've ever read, even down to the Thanksgiving thought. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete